NFaceVerification with Android 9/Pie

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

NFaceVerification with Android 9/Pie

Postby jyriaado » Oct 18, 2018 15:38

Hello,

I am a new user of your fine Android SDK (Neurotec Biometric 10.0 SDK Trial). I created a proof of concept face verification app, that uses NFaceVerification.

It is working great on all Android Devices I have tested, except OnePlus 6 with Android 9/Pie (Android8 on same device worked ok).

So it seems there is something with Android 9 that makes the SDK break. There is a crash on the point when the SDK is trying to access the camera. I have not been able to find any more specific error code or message. I have tried also the sample apps multibiometric-sample.apk and face-verification-sample.apk, with same result - they crash when enroll button is pressed.

Is there any suggestion of workaround or fix?

I like the library a lot and the results have been great so would like to continue using that (already ordered the licenses also).

Jürgen
jyriaado

Re: NFaceVerification with Android 9/Pie

Postby MartynasV » Oct 22, 2018 10:52

jyriaado wrote:Hello,

I am a new user of your fine Android SDK (Neurotec Biometric 10.0 SDK Trial). I created a proof of concept face verification app, that uses NFaceVerification.

It is working great on all Android Devices I have tested, except OnePlus 6 with Android 9/Pie (Android8 on same device worked ok).

So it seems there is something with Android 9 that makes the SDK break. There is a crash on the point when the SDK is trying to access the camera. I have not been able to find any more specific error code or message. I have tried also the sample apps multibiometric-sample.apk and face-verification-sample.apk, with same result - they crash when enroll button is pressed.

Is there any suggestion of workaround or fix?

I like the library a lot and the results have been great so would like to continue using that (already ordered the licenses also).

Jürgen

Hello Jürgen,

We are aware of this issue(our SDK doesn't work on Android 9.0 version) and our developers are working on fixing this. I hope we will have fix soon.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public