Re: Scanner is not detected

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Postby engkassim » Sep 04, 2018 17:07

I have Cross Match L SCAN Guardian(Tenprint) and downloaded the VeriFinger Neurotec Biometric 10.0 SDK Trial and installed on my pc , but I don"t know the driver of the Guardian Scanner so kindly guide me obtain the driver and the steps required to integrate the device with C# Program.

Many thanks.
engkassim

Postby MartynasV » Sep 07, 2018 09:28

engkassim wrote:I have Cross Match L SCAN Guardian(Tenprint) and downloaded the VeriFinger Neurotec Biometric 10.0 SDK Trial and installed on my pc , but I don"t know the driver of the Guardian Scanner so kindly guide me obtain the driver and the steps required to integrate the device with C# Program.

Many thanks.

Hello engkassim,

Send this request to support@neurotechnology.com.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Re: Scanner is not detected (Android)

Postby saulalme » Oct 18, 2018 18:06

I am workig with the BM 7500 Aratek, but i can not obtain any scanner such as FingerScanner . It seems not to be recognized
The device manager always return 0 when i invoke the method getDevices().
I am developing with:
Android Studio 3.2
Neurotechnology SDK 10
Aratek BM 7500

Here some of my code :

Code: Select all
            NDeviceManager dm = new NDeviceManager();
            dm.setDeviceTypes(EnumSet.of(NDeviceType.ANY,NDeviceType.FINGER_SCANNER));
            dm.initialize();
            NDeviceManager.DeviceCollection collection = dm.getDevices();
            collection.addCollectionChangeListener(devicesCollectionChangeListener);
            String device =collection.get(0).getModel();
            Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(),device,Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

Thanks in advance
saulalme

Re: Scanner is not detected (Android)

Postby vaidasz » Oct 19, 2018 06:17

saulalme wrote:I am workig with the BM 7500 Aratek, but i can not obtain any scanner such as FingerScanner . It seems not to be recognized
The device manager always return 0 when i invoke the method getDevices().
I am developing with:
Android Studio 3.2
Neurotechnology SDK 10
Aratek BM 7500

Here some of my code :

Code: Select all
            NDeviceManager dm = new NDeviceManager();
            dm.setDeviceTypes(EnumSet.of(NDeviceType.ANY,NDeviceType.FINGER_SCANNER));
            dm.initialize();
            NDeviceManager.DeviceCollection collection = dm.getDevices();
            collection.addCollectionChangeListener(devicesCollectionChangeListener);
            String device =collection.get(0).getModel();
            Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(),device,Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Could the scanner be detected using unmodified and already build apk file provided with SDK?
I guess you are using Android Studio. So please make sure Instant Run is disabled (go to File -> Settings -> Build, Execution, Deployment -> Instant Run and uncheck the box "Enable Instant Run to hot swap.."). Otherwise devices will not be found.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby letebele » Mar 25, 2019 08:55

Hi vaidasz

I installed the APK that comes with the SDK 10 and licensed the fingerprint module, I also unchecked the instant run, as you suggested on this post and compiled the code again but still the app is not able to detect the scanner

Can you please advice on what else should be done to have the scanners detected.

Kind Regards
letebele

Postby vaidasz » Mar 28, 2019 09:44

letebele wrote:Hi vaidasz

I installed the APK that comes with the SDK 10 and licensed the fingerprint module, I also unchecked the instant run, as you suggested on this post and compiled the code again but still the app is not able to detect the scanner

Can you please advice on what else should be done to have the scanners detected.

Kind Regards

Hello,

What scanner make and model do you use??
Is the scanner found using unmodified (and already built) application provided with SDK (Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Bin\Android\multibiometric-sample.apk or Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Bin\Android\device-sample.apk)?
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby letebele » Apr 03, 2019 07:01

Hi

The devicesample.apk detect the microphone and cameras only and does not load the fingerprint scanner. As for the compiled multimodal apk that comes with the SDK, it does not detect the scanner as well.

We tested with SDK 4.5 and it does load the scanner but does not load the licenses and when we try to take the functions that load the scanner from SDK 4.5 to SDK 10 we encounter conflicts with the jar files.

Please advice on what else we can try to have the scanner working with the new SDK.
letebele

Return to Public