Fingerprint enrolling: printing the name of bad data

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Fingerprint enrolling: printing the name of bad data

Postby Shadowarrior » Aug 07, 2018 21:47

Hello, I am trying to enroll a great number of fingerprint images. However, the enrolling process always returns false with no error message. I tried it again on a small subset of data and looks like it will return false once meet a "bad data". However, without the error message or debug information, I do not know which image is "bad". Is there any API or method to get the name of bad data during the enrolling process? Thank you!
Shadowarrior

Re: Fingerprint enrolling: printing the name of bad data

Postby MartynasV » Aug 08, 2018 07:56

Shadowarrior wrote:Hello, I am trying to enroll a great number of fingerprint images. However, the enrolling process always returns false with no error message. I tried it again on a small subset of data and looks like it will return false once meet a "bad data". However, without the error message or debug information, I do not know which image is "bad". Is there any API or method to get the name of bad data during the enrolling process? Thank you!

Hello Shadowarrior,

I'm guessing you are enrolling them in bulk(add all images to one enroll task and perform it). After you perform that task, you can take each NSubject object and check its status "subject.Status", if you get "BadObject", it means that image is of bad quality(doesn't pass quality threshold). That way you can check which image failed.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Postby Shadowarrior » Aug 08, 2018 18:18

MartynasV wrote:
Shadowarrior wrote:Hello, I am trying to enroll a great number of fingerprint images. However, the enrolling process always returns false with no error message. I tried it again on a small subset of data and looks like it will return false once meet a "bad data". However, without the error message or debug information, I do not know which image is "bad". Is there any API or method to get the name of bad data during the enrolling process? Thank you!

Hello Shadowarrior,

I"m guessing you are enrolling them in bulk(add all images to one enroll task and perform it). After you perform that task, you can take each NSubject object and check its status "subject.Status", if you get "BadObject", it means that image is of bad quality(doesn"t pass quality threshold). That way you can check which image failed.

Hello MartynasV,

Thank you for replying. Is there any API or possible way to skip the "bad data" during the enroll task? Or remove the bad data after the client? So that even there are some bad data, I could still continue to the identify process. Thank you!
Shadowarrior

Postby MartynasV » Aug 21, 2018 11:57

Hello Shadowarrior,
Is there any API or possible way to skip the "bad data" during the enroll task? Or remove the bad data after the client? So that even there are some bad data, I could still continue to the identify process.

The bad data automatically will be skipped. If you go and view individual subjects' statuses("task.Subjects[index].Status"), the ones with status "Ok" were enrolled, others weren't.
Martynas V
Neurotechnology
MartynasV
Neurotechnology

Return to Public