Verifinger Samples formate

General information about Neurotechnology and its software

Verifinger Samples formate

Postby amitg3 » Aug 01, 2018 16:12

Hi,

I want to do performance testing of our server with biometric finger samples.At client side I am using iOS app.
So I download 408 samples from Neurotechnology but these all are in .tif formate.
I search a lot but not get any procedure for converting samples to usable format in server table.

I am using C# with .net at server side.
I need to store all finger samples to our server DB table, please suggest if there any script/function/tool for to use samples in server table.
amitg3

Re: Verifinger Samples formate

Postby vaidasz » Aug 02, 2018 11:57

Hello,

amitg3 wrote:So I download 408 samples from Neurotechnology but these all are in .tif formate.

Tif format is an image. So to extract template from the image you need to check Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\EnrollFingerFromImageCS tutorial.
How to perform verification (1:1 matching) using 2 fingerprint images (they are converted to templates anyway) it is demonstrated in Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\VerifyFingerCS tutorial.
How to perform identification (1:N matching) using 2 or more fingerprint images (they are converted to templates anyway) it is demonstrated in Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\IdentifyFingerCS tutorial.

amitg3 wrote:I search a lot but not get any procedure for converting samples to usable format in server table.
I need to store all finger samples to our server DB table, please suggest if there any script/function/tool for to use samples in server table.

There are 2 available options to use matching with database – you could either use or do not use NServer.
If you do not use NServer:
    How to enroll subject to database it is shown in Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\EnrollToSQLiteDatabaseCS tutorial. The tutorial uses SQLite database. If you want to use other database you need to change one line of code:
    Change biometricClient.SetDatabaseConnectionToSQLite(args[1]); with biometricClient.SetDatabaseConnectionToOdbc(connectionString, tableName). Please note that you need to configure your database to be used with ODBC. As our SDK uses connection through ODBC.
    The default table should be SubjectId and Template. Please check documentation, section “5.3.4.1.2 MySQL” for more information.
    If you want to use other structure table then you need to create them and then use CustomData. For more information please check documentation, section “4.2.1.2 Biographic and Custom Data Support” and the source code attached.
    How to identify subject on database it is shown in Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\IdentifyOnSQLiteDatabaseCS tutorial. It uses SQLite as well. So if you want to use other database then you need to modify code as well.
    By default, there must be SubjectId and Template fields in the table. Additional fields could be used but they should be declared to be used as described above.
If you use NServer:
    First of all you need to configure NServer using SDK\Bin\Win32_x86\Server\ClusterConfigurator.exe and configuration of your database.
    There is specified how to create default table in "Neurotechnology Biometric SDK.pdf", section “5.3.4.1.2 MySQL”.
    Then you need to start NServer – there will be “server is ready” shown in the NServer window if it is ready. If it is not ready, there will be errors shown that explains the errors.
    How to enroll template it is shown in Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\EnrollToServerCS tutorial.
    How to identify using NServer it is shown in Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\CS\IdentifyOnServerCS tutorial.
I have attached sample file that contains additional is_deleted field that is integer. Do not forget to update queries as well in NServer.conf when you specify custom fields.
By default, NServer is configured to use SQLite database. So you could just run it.
Attachments
BiographicQueryTest.cs
BiographicQueryTest.cs
(3.85 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
NServer.conf.txt
NServer.conf
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Postby amitg3 » Aug 03, 2018 17:17

Hi,

Thanks for giving such nice and understandable details.

Using iOS app/code can I convert example .tif images to String template data.

Normally using Finger Scanner Device I am able to do so but how can I do enrollment or get string template data with .tif images.
amitg3

Postby vaidasz » Aug 06, 2018 06:39

amitg3 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for giving such nice and understandable details.

Using iOS app/code can I convert example .tif images to String template data.

Normally using Finger Scanner Device I am able to do so but how can I do enrollment or get string template data with .tif images.

Please check Neurotec_Biometric_10_0_SDK\Tutorials\Biometrics\C\EnrollFingerFromImage tutorial how to extract template from fingerprint image.
Vaidas Z
Neurotechnology
vaidasz
Neurotechnology

Return to Public